The Scout Section is for young people, usually aged between 10½ and 14 years. A young person can come into the Troop at 10 and may stay until they are 14½ years old. The Scout Troop is the third section in the Scout Group, above Beavers and Cubs.
The 3rd East Kilbride Scout Group has one scout troop which meet on a Thursday night. The Scout Troop is divided into small groups called Patrols, each headed up by an older Scout called a Patrol Leader, with an Assistant Patrol Leader.
Scouts take part in a wide range of activities. from traditional scouting skills and camping, to outdoor activities such as hill walking, hiking, water sports and climbing. we even go on international adventures.
The Scout Promise:
On my honour, I promise that I will do my best
To do my duty to God and to the Queen,
To help other people
And to keep the Scout Law
The Scout Law:
- A Scout is to be trusted.
- A Scout is loyal.
- A Scout is friendly and considerate.
- A Scout belongs to the worldwide family of Scouts.
- A Scout has courage in all difficulties.
- A Scout makes good use of time and is careful of possessions and property.
- A Scout has self-respect and respect for others.
The Scout Motto:
If you are interested in joining scouts please give us your details here and someone will be in touch.